Hi, I’m Kate. It's lovely to meet you!
Having a baby is the most heroic, life-changing, and – frankly – terrifying thing most of us will ever do. But, with the right support, it can also be a positive, empowering experience.
I brought my own babies (twins – that’s them in the photo below!) into the world surrounded by support, warmth, and the information I needed to feel empowered and in control. This is what I aim to provide other parents through my work as a doula.
I’m a Toronto-based birth and postpartum doula, childbirth educator, infant sleep educator, and yoga instructor. I am also a certified primary school teacher (with an M.A. in Effective Learning), specializing in the Early Years. (Basically a Jill-of-all-trades when it comes to early parenthood!)
I’m also a mother who has been where you are now. So I know first hand that pregnancy and early parenthood can be filled with many emotions – often all at once (hello joyful terrified exhaustion).
For me, having a trusted expert to rely on for re-assurance, guidance, and support during childbirth and afterwards was invaluable. It was the difference between fear and confidence. Calm and overwhelm. Darkness and light.
It led me to become a doula, and is the inspiration for the type and level of service I aim to provide my clients. When you work with me, I want you to feel like you have an experienced friend on your side. One who is warm, relaxed, and calm under pressure.
I approach my job with a ton of empathy – and zero judgement. I have experience working with OBs and midwives in all kinds of birth settings – from hospital to home. Check in here to read words of gratitude and kindness, from the wonderful families I've been honoured to work with.
When I am not supporting families, I can be found exploring parks, farmer's markets and the Toronto Islands, with my twins and their dad (aka my wonderful supportive partner!); drinking green tea or green smoothies out of large mugs; or stretching and strengthening in a yoga or barre class.
Click one of the following links for more information on my packages – prenatal support and education, birth doula packages, postpartum doula packages, sleep education, or yoga – or feel free to reach out for a chat. I’d love to hear from you.
Education and Experience
- Certified Maternal Support Practitioner (doula), Infant Sleep Educator, Childbirth Educator, Vinyasa Flow and Pre/Postpartum Yoga Instructor
- Breastfeeding Educator, Hypnobabies, and Master Rebozo doula
- Professional Contributor (monthly) to Love Child Organics blog
- Professional Contributor to Motherly blog
- Professional Contributor to Eco-Parent magazine blog
- Regular speaker at Prenatal and Postnatal events across Toronto
- Over 15 years teaching and supporting families
- Infant and Family CPR trained
- Qualified Teacher Status (primary)
- M.A. Honours, Effective Learning
- B.A. Honours, English and Equity Studies
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Karate