Hi, I’m Kate. It's lovely to meet you!
Having a baby is the most heroic, life-changing, and – frankly – terrifying thing most of us will ever do. But, with the right support, it can also be a positive, empowering experience.
I brought my own babies (twins – that’s them in the photo below!) into the world surrounded by support, warmth, and the information I needed to feel empowered and in control. This is what I aim to provide other parents through my work as a doula.
I’m also a mother who has been where you are now. So I know firsthand that pregnancy and early parenthood can be filled with many emotions – often all at once (hello joyful terrified exhaustion).
For me, having a trusted expert to rely on for re-assurance, guidance, and support during childbirth and afterwards was invaluable. It was the difference between fear and confidence. Calm and overwhelm. Darkness and light.
It led me to become a doula, and is the inspiration for the type and level of service I aim to provide my clients. When you work with me, I want you to feel like you have an experienced friend on your side. One who is warm, relaxed, and calm under pressure.
I approach my job with a ton of empathy – and zero judgement. I have experience working with OBs and midwives in all kinds of birth settings – from hospital to home. Read more about my education, experience and philosophy, here. And check in here to read words of gratitude and kindness, from the wonderful families I've been honoured to work with.
When I am not supporting families, I can be found exploring parks, farmer's markets and the Toronto Islands, with my twins and their dad (aka my wonderful supportive partner!); drinking green tea or green smoothies out of large mugs; or stretching and strengthening in a yoga or barre class.
Click one of the following links for more information on my packages – prenatal support and education, birth doula packages, postpartum doula packages, sleep education, or yoga – or feel free to reach out for a chat. I’d love to hear from you.
Education and Experience
- Certified Maternal Support Practitioner (doula), Infant Sleep Educator, Childbirth Educator, Vinyasa Flow and Pre/Postpartum Yoga Instructor
- Breastfeeding Educator, Hypnobabies, and Master Rebozo doula in training
- Professional Contributor (monthly) to Love Child Organics blog
- Professional Contributor to Eco-Parent magazine blog
- Regular speaker at Prenatal and Postnatal events across Toronto
- Over 15 years teaching and supporting families
- Infant and Family CPR trained
- Qualified Teacher Status (primary)
- M.A. Honours, Effective Learning
- B.A. Honours, English and Equity Studies
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Karate