As usual, there is a lot of change and many balls being juggled around here - busy indeed, but it's all full of sweetness and fun! Here's the rundown of what's happening over the next few months.
- A huge thank you to everyone that supported the Pre-Mother's Day Pampering and Fundraising event at Little White Sneakers on May 7th. It was an exciting, filled with snacks from Love Child Organics, New Moon Kitchen and David's Tea. Wanless Photography took beautiful photos, Little Jingle Beans Premier Children's Entertainer, entertained the kids, as the Little Mermaid, and we had RMT Lindsay McCarthy of Glow Spa, treat us with massages. Our raffle was a massive success - we raised $300, which has been donated to Sunnybrook Hospital, Women and Babies Department. We look forward to making this an annual (maybe even bi-annual?) event.
- It's official - we're a team! I'm excited to announce that the stunning and talented Aidan Black-Allen, of Rosy Dreamers - Sleep and Doula Services, is my primary back up doula. You can read more about Aidan and how we're working together, on an upcoming blog post. Until then, catch a glimpse on her website www.rosydreamers.com
- A Mama Vinyasa Flow Yoga class will be starting at Little White Sneakers, on select Sundays from 9:30-10:30 a.m. More details about exact dates, registration information and what to bring, will be announced soon!
- Beginning on Tuesday May 16th, join us for our new weekly Facebook thread, titled Talk on Tuesday where we'll be exploring variations on pregnancy, birth and parenting norms. I'm looking forward to hearing all the shared stories!
- At the end of June, I'll be learning more about the amazing tool the Rebozo, at the Toronto Yoga Mamas Doula Rebozo Training . The course is based on the brilliant doula Gena Kirby's method, and will explore the ins and outs of how to support families with this ancient birthing tool. I cannot wait to learn more.
- On July 11th I'll be teaming up with the beautiful and talented Natalie of Lola Bean Photography. We'll be exploring how to get amazing shots of your children in action, using your camera on your phone. Natalie will be dishing out editing tips too - you are not going to want to miss this workshop! Watch this space for more details.
- On July 13th I'll be at Carry Maternity, as a guest speaker, for the wonderful and knowledgeable Taya Griffin, IBCLC's Breastfeeding Cafe. We'll be casually chatting about infant sleep, and busting some of the big sleep myths circulating out there.
- For those of you interested in birth doula support, Summer and Fall spots are filling up. Here's my birth doula availability for the next 6 months:
June: 1 Space | July: 0 Spaces | August: 1 Space
September: 0 Spaces | October: 2 Spaces | November: 1 Space
To book your spot, or to find out postpartum doula support, infant sleep education, childbirth education and/or yoga availability, please contact me here.
Always feel free to send me a message about any of your pregnancy, birth and postpartum needs or concerns - I am always honoured to help you out. ❤️