Last Modified: May, 2018
WE SHALL RETAIN ALL RIGHTS TO MAKE ANY LAW ABIDING CHANGES TO THESE POLICIES. IN THIS EVENT WE SHALL SEND YOU NOTICE THAT CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR REGISTERED E-MAIL ADDRESS.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION
To establish an "account" with us we may collect your personal and business information, when interacting with you (via email inquiries and emails, social media connections, newsletter signups and newsletters, telephone calls, voice mail messages and text messages and in person meetings) including your:
· Full name;
· Business name;
· Family names, including names of your partner, children and emergency contact;
· Mailing address;
· Email address;
· Phone number;
· Health and wellness information, including the name of your health care providers and information on your pregnancies, past or present, or other areas of your health;
· Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website and Service;
· Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website and Service, for example, your browser information and session duration;
· Payment, banking and credit card information (stored via a third party payment provider a third party payment provider (www.waveapps.com)); and
· All other information you provide or upload to our Website or Service.
Please note that third party service providers have their own privacy policies on the collection and use of your information. We recommend that you inform yourself of the content of such policies, as we do not have any control over them. We currently use www.intakeq.com, www.mailchimp.com, www.facebook.com, www.rafflecopter.com, www.squarespace.com, and www.waveapps.com to collect and store information.
THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICE PERMITS YOU, AS A CLIENT, TO UPLOAD ADDITIONAL PERSONAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION. IN ADDITION, YOU MAY PROVIDE US WITH, OR UPLOAD DATA THAT INCLUDES THE PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OF ANOTHER PERSON, YOU REPRESENT.
WE REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT WE WILL ONLY COLLECT, STORE AND PROVIDE INFORMATION TO THE EXTENT IT IS LAWFUL FOR YOU TO DO SO.
2. CREDIT CARD AND PAYMENT PROCESSING COMPANIES
We may also collect credit card and payment information from you via a third party payment provider. Thus, this information is not directly stored and processed by us, but by our third party payment provider (www.waveapps.com). The terms of service and privacy policies and shall apply to the collection and use of your personal information. We only engage with third party service providers when they are compliant with applicable data privacy regulations and other applicable rules regarding the treatment and processing of data. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
3. THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You consent to the collection of your personal information (via www.intakeq.com and www.mailchip.com) and that this information shall also be used to:
· Facilitate the operation of the Website and Service, including for example to remind you of appointments or provide the information to the relevant service provider. We may also send you emails and text messages to facilitate access to our Service;
· Verify your contact information and schedule visits;
· Support and improve the Service we offer;
· Provide user support and communicate with you about your account or services we offer;
· Bill and collect money owed to us;
· Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
· Meet legal requirements;
· Seek the counsel of professional advisors and make appropriate referrals;
· Enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
· Enhance our Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisements, electronic messages or otherwise.
TO THE EXTENT WE USE OUR SERVICE TO COLLECT, STORE AND USE THE PERSONAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION, WE AGREE, REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT WE WILL ONLY COLLECT, STORE AND USE SUCH INFORMATION IF WE HAVE YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT AND TO THE EXTENT IT IS LAWFUL FOR US TO DO SO UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS. ADDITIONALLY, WE WILL ONLY BE COLLECTING THE INFORMATION REQUIRED TO PROVIDE YOUR SERVICES AND TO DELETE ANY INFORMATION THAT WE NO LONGER REQUIRE TO PROVIDE ANY SERVICES OR ARE NOT LEGALLY OBLIGATED TO STORE.
4. THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND ACCESS TO IT
For the purposes of providing the Services, we shall from time to time disclose personal, health and business information to our employees and providers (back up doulas or referred health professionals), which shall then use such information to for the specific purposes they are engaged for.
4.1 We operate the Websites and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors (back up doulas). Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website and Service. We may use a variety of service providers, servers, employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
4.2 We may also disclose your personal information (and the personal or health information of the third parties who upload it) to our successors (if our business or the Service is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
4.3 We will never use the collected personal, health and business information for commercial purposes or to sell it to a third party.
4.4 WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE YOUR CONTENT AND INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR PERSONAL, HEALTH AND BUSINESS INFORMATION, AND THE PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OF THIRD PARTIES) UPLOADED TO OR COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE, SERVICE OR OTHERWISE TO THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING GOVERNMENTS OR GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, WHENEVER REQUIRED BY LAW (SUCH AS IN RESPONSE TO A SUBPOENA, COURT ORDER OR OTHER LEGAL PROCESS IN ANY JURISDICTION), AND TO COOPERATE WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES IN THE INVESTIGATION OF ANY CRIMINAL OR CIVIL MATTER.
4.5 WHILE WE TAKE REASONABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL AND HEALTH INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
5. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected.
As a client of our company and as an independent, to the extent you are legally obligated to retain personal or health records of your patients, prospects or customers, you agree to comply with such legal obligations without the reliance on our Service or on us. You further agree that you are responsible for keeping your personal information, and the personal information of your users, clients, customers, patients, prospects and the like up to date and in conformity with all applicable laws, rules or regulations which govern you and us.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. You hereby state to understand that cookies are used as part of the gathering of generic information from users and browsers and that they such information will be stored on the device you use to access the Services, or interact with the App, unless you disallow, prevent or otherwise block such cookies. Impeding the cookies from being stored may cause some parts of the Services not to work properly. Cookies help us identify former use and browsing behavior of users, and though the information gathered by such cookies we are able to improve parts of the site and the Services in general.
7. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
This section is meant to apply to Citizens of the EU or the EEA, including the United Kingdom, and grant Users additional rights regarding the collected data. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, Users which do not fall under the description of the previous sentence shall also benefit from these provisions.
1. Principles pursued.
a.As suggested by the GDPR, the amount of collected data has been kept to the minimum, and just suffices the purposes of what Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator needs to satisfy and be able to provide the Services;
b.Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator shall inform you to your provided e-mail address of any changes made to this section or to these policies;
c. Our systems shall require you to affirmatively consent with these policies and the terms of service of Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator;
d.As soon as Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator becomes certain of a data breach, we will send out an email informing about such breach to the affected parties or subjects, within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by applicable laws and regulations;
e.All notification, subscriptions, or other activities related to the service of Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator are set to the minimum by default.
2. Rights conferred.
You may send an email to email@example.com to reasonably exercise any of the following rights:
a.You may at any time require access to the data collected from you by Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator;
b.You may request that the collected data be deleted pursuant to your right to be forgotten;
c. You may require that your collected data is transferred to you in a digital and readable format, and, if technically possible and feasible, the collected data be transferred to a different data collector, if such bridge where also technologically available;
d.You may require rectification regarding any information collected from you which contains mistakes or has been misconstrued.
Kindly allow our staff to respond to you in a reasonable amount of time for any email sent to the aforementioned address, for any of the rights considered in this section.
8. DISCLAIMER FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
In compliance with applicable law of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), we inform all Users residing in the EEA or where regulation of the EEA applies, that your personal information may be transferred and/or stored at a geographic setting which is outside of the EEA or where the EEA regulations regarding privacy of data and information does not apply like within the EEA. Also, your information may be processed by agents, staff or personnel of a supplier, agent, and affiliate or partner companies outside of the EEA; notwithstanding the aforementioned, Kate Sissons – doula*yoga*educator shall make reasonable efforts in order for the information and personal data under these Policies to be treated with care and in compliance with any rules regarding personal information of the EEA.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY AND CODE OF CONDUCT
Last Modified: May, 2018
WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS OR THE ACTIONS OF OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICE (WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE).
You agree to use our Website and Service in accordance with the following acceptable use and code of conduct guidelines. In particular, you agree that you:
1.Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, sell, create derivative works of, or otherwise alter or use any content, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever except as expressly authorized in this acceptable use policy and the Terms;
2.Will not upload, copy, distribute, share, or otherwise use content that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, harmful, hateful, harassing, bullying, pornographic, threatening, racially or ethnically offensive or abusive, that would violate another person's rights (including their intellectual property rights), constitute or encourage a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation, or that is otherwise inappropriate;
3.Will not exploit the images of children or disclose personally identifiable information belonging to others;
4.Will not upload, copy, distribute, share or otherwise use unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any junk mail;
5.Will not upload, copy, distribute, share or otherwise use content that contains or embodies software viruses or any other malicious computer code that is designed to interrupt, undermine, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or communications equipment, or that is designed to perform functions on any software, hardware or equipment without the owner's express consent;
6.Will not disclose your password or transfer your account to any third party, or allow any third party to access your account;
7.Will not impersonate any person or entity;
8.Will not access the Website and Service by any means other than through the interface provided by us for use in accessing the Website and Service. This includes not using or launching any automated system including, without limitation, any spider, robot (or "bot"), scraper or offline reader that accesses the Service in a way that sends more request messages to our servers in a given time period than a human reasonably can produce in the same time period.
9.Will not interfere with or disrupt the Website, Service or servers or networks connected thereto, make the Service available over a network (other than our network) where it could be used by others or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
10. Will not use the Website or Service to artificially generate traffic or page links to a Website or for any other purpose not intended;
11. Will not collect, harvest or store any personally identifiable information, including user account information, from us;
12. Will not use the Website or Service in a way that has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
13. Will not translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify or create derivative works based on the Website or Service, in whole or in part;
14. Will not circumvent, disable, violate or otherwise interfere with any security related feature of the Website or Service;
15. Will not rent, lease, sublicense, transfer, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Website or Service (including, without limitation, your account information, use of the Service or access to the Service;
16. Will not use your account for your own commercial purposes by sublicensing any rights granted by the Terms or, in any way, sharing the benefit of your account with others. Your account is non-transferrable and may only be used by you;
17. Will not use the Website or Service in any way that violates the Terms, or that aids, encourages, or purports to authorize anyone else to violate the terms of this policy;
18. Will not use the Website or Service in any way that intentionally or unintentionally violates any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law, rule or regulation;
19. Will not employ misleading e-mail addresses or falsify information in any part of any communication;
20. Will not upload, transmit, disseminate, post, store or post links to any content that:
o prohibits from transmitting or posting by law, or by contractual or fiduciary relationship;
o facilitates hacking or unauthorized access or use of data, systems, servers or networks including any attempt to probe, scan or test for vulnerabilities, or to breach security or authentication measures;
o interferes with service to any user, system or network by using flooding techniques, overloading a system or a network, staging or broadcasting an attack or any other means resulting in a crash of a host either deliberately or by negligence;
o infringes on, or contributes to any infringement of, any intellectual property, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or proprietary right of any party.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revise this policy, which shall be posted on the Website and Service